At Desjardins Insurance, diversity and inclusion are the heartbeat of our company
Desjardins Group is the largest private employer in Quebec and has been named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers the last nine years running. The Group is also on the list of Canada’s Top Family Friendly Employers and Canada’s Top Employers for Young People.
Diversity makes us stronger
At DGIG, we believe in the value created through diversity and the inclusion of people of all genders, ages, backgrounds, cultures, experiences, abilities and sexual orientations. We’re also dedicated to making room in our organization for young people, women in decision-making roles, members of cultural communities, people with disabilities, members of the LGBT community and others. Plus, Desjardins Group recently raised its 30% Club Canada gender balance goal – so our aim is to reach 50% gender balance by 2024.
Skills development and coaching
We’re also dedicated to helping our employees develop their skills. In 2019, Desjardins Group invested nearly $101.13 million—or 3.12% of our total payroll—in over a million hours of staff training and development activities and they have an experienced career services team dedicated to providing advice and assisting with resume creation and job interview coaching.
We work hard to attract and retain top talent within the organization and pride ourselves on maintaining an open dialogue between our managers and employees to ensure we’re responding to the individual and organizational needs of the people we rely on day in and day out.
We believe that everyone should have equitable access to employment. As a result, we've implemented a program that:
- promotes the fair representation of diversity in our workforce
- attracts and retains an innovation-driven workforce
- promotes the cooperative values of integrity, respect and equality
Women in decision-making positions
To increase the representation of women in senior executive positions, Desjardins Group has implemented several strategies:
- executive succession programs
- development plans
- nominations to committees or assignment to special mandates
- mentorship and coaching
- work-life balance initiatives
- a female executive support network
- lectures and information about careers at Desjardins
- Desjardins Group is the main sponsor of Quebec's immigration expo, Salon de l'immigration et de l'intégration.
- As part of the Chamber of Commerce of Metropolitan Montreal’s Interconnection program, Desjardins Group holds pairing activities to meet qualified candidates who have recently immigrated.
- Desjardins Group has been a member of the Canadian Board Diversity Council since 2010.
For more information, please visit the following websites:
Young people ages 18 to 30
Young intern officer program
Desjardins invites young people ages 18 to 30 to be part of the Young Intern Officer Program and complete a practical 1-year internship on a caisse Board of Directors. Working with elected officers, young interns learn the various aspects of the role of caisse officer and build a valuable network of professional contacts to help them further their career.
Desjardins Group hires students from many cultures in its many client contact centres. Our centres offer a flexible environment supportive of student schedules. Our goal: to offer students full-time work at the end of their studies.
Participation in job fairs and seminars
Always on the lookout for new talent, Desjardins takes part in various university recruiting events and job fairs. See upcoming recruiting events.