Business insurance claims
Let Desjardins Insurance
guide you through your business insurance claim
Desjardins Insurance is here to help you effectively manage your business insurance claim. To start the claim process, contact your Desjardins Agent.
You can help speed the process by keeping a detailed inventory of your business property, including photographs.
Reporting a business insurance claim
- Take reasonable steps to correct potential safety risks and prevent further damage. Contact your claim advisor if you have questions.
- Keep an accurate record of your repair expenses.
- Separate items that may be cleaned and/or repaired, and check with your claim advisor before discarding any items.
- If desired, obtain repair estimates from experienced contractors.
- Be prepared! Major damage may require contractor/engineer inspections.
If someone files a business insurance claim against you
Should any party allege that you or any insured under your policy is responsible for bodily injury or property damage, promptly report the claim. Desjardins Insurance will conduct an investigation to assess those allegations and, subject to the terms and conditions of your policy, we will pay any claims for which you are legally liable.
Settling Your Property Claim
We will pay to repair or replace your damaged property, subject to the terms and conditions of your insurance policy. Check with your Desjardins Agent or claim advisor for complete details.