Cyber risk insurance coverage
Desjardins Agents are highly trained and experienced insurance professionals with in-depth market knowledge. Plus, as fellow business owners, they are well equipped to help you find the right cyber insurance coverage to protect against a potential cyberattack.
Identity Restoration coverage includes the following:
- Costs of refiling loan applications
- Costs of notarizing affidavits and other similar documents
- Costs of long-distance phone calls and postage
- Costs of credit reports
- Legal fees and expenses approved by the insurer
- Lost wages and supervision expenses
- Other costs such as service fees from financial institutions
Case management services
Victims of identity fraud have access to an identity restoration professional.
Expense reimbursement limit: $35,000
- Other costs: $1,000
- Lost wages and supervision expenses: $5,000
Case management services: up to 12 months
There is no deductible to pay.
Data Compromise coverage includes the following:
Forensic information technology services
- Assessment of the nature and extent of the personal data compromise by an external professional firm
- Assessment of the number of affected individuals
Access and means to obtain professional legal advice on how to best respond to the data compromise
- Notification to affected individuals
- Notification to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada or other regulatory authority
- Costs of drafting, printing and mailing notices
Services for affected individuals
- Informational materials
- Fraud alert
- ID case management
Public relations services
Review of and response to the potential impact on a policyholder’s business relationships by a professional PR firm
Defense and liability
- Data compromise defense costs, which are expenses resulting from the investigation, defense and appeal of any “data compromise suit”
- Data compromise liability directly arising from the covered cause of loss, including:
- Damages, judgments or settlements to affected individuals
- Defense costs added or awarded by law or court order
- Prejudgment interest on that part of any judgment paid by us
Response expense limit: $50,000
- Forensic IT: $5,000
- Legal review: $5,000
- PR services: $5,000
Defense and liability: $50,000
There is a $1,000 deductible to pay.
CyberOne® coverage includes the following:
The cost of an external professional firm hired by the policyholder to replace lost or corrupted data from electronic sources
The cost of an external professional firm hired by the policyholder to replace lost or corrupted data from non-electronic sources
The cost of an external professional firm hired by the policyholder to restore the computer system to the pre-attack level of functionality by:
- Replacing or reinstalling computer software programs
- Removing malicious code
- Correcting the configuration of the policyholder’s computer system
Loss of business
Business income lost by the policyholder and extra expenses incurred by the policyholder during the period of time when system and data recovery activities are taking place
Public relations services
The cost of assistance from a professional PR firm in communicating with outside parties concerning the computer attack and the policyholder’s response
Network security liability
In the event of a network security liability suit, CyberOne® covers the costs of defense, settlement and judgment. Defense is provided within the coverage limits.
Computer attack limit: $25,000
- Data re-creation: $2,500
- Loss of business: $5,000
- PR services: $2,500
Network security liability: $25,000
Deductibles must be paid as follows:
- Network security liability: $1,000
- All other coverages: $1,000, $2,500 or $5,000
Certain conditions, limitations and exclusions may apply. The terms and conditions of the coverages described are set out in the insurance policy, which always prevails.
Desjardins Insurance refers to Certas Home and Auto Insurance Company, underwriter of automobile and property insurance, or Desjardins Financial Security Life Assurance Company, underwriter of life insurance and living benefits products.
Desjardins, Desjardins Insurance and related trademarks are trademarks of the Fédération des caisses Desjardins du Québec, used under licence.
CyberOne® is a trademark of The Boiler Inspection and Insurance Company of Canada (BI&I).