Costs and compensations
The amount Desjardins Agents need to invest can vary greatly depending on the market.
Imagine all the variables between establishing your business in a major city versus a small community, or between moving into existing office space versus establishing a new office.
As an independent contractor agent, you are responsible for all business expenses but we provide significant support to help manage those expenses:
- Once you've been selected, you begin a paid internship with employee benefits.
- Once you enter into a 12-month Term Desjardins Agent Agreement (TDAA), you’ll receive a generous signing bonus and an additional bonus at the beginning of your second year.
During the selection process, your recruiting contact will help guide you on specific cost considerations for the market area or areas you are interested in. Your current financial situation will be an important part of those discussions.
How does compensation work?
There are lots of ways Desjardins Agents earn compensation and qualify for travel and other incentives. Different products have different compensation structures, which your recruiting contact can outline for you in detail.
Your hard work, skills and achievement may be rewarded through:
- Auto and property commissions, plus opportunities to earn variable and incentive compensation
- Financial services commissions, plus the opportunity to earn other incentive compensation
- A life business development allowance (applicable for first year paid Life)
- Premium builder payments (new market opportunities and certain assignments)
- First-class trips worldwide
- Company and industry recognition programs
To assist you with retirement
We offer an annual investment payment program. There is a five-year vesting period (waived if you are an employee with 15 years or more of service). Active agents are eligible for 20 annual payments. Your recruiting contact can outline the program for you in detail.
Learn more in our FAQ.