Desjardins Insurance home insurance claims
Starting the claim process is only a click away
What to do in the case of property damage
- Take reasonable steps to prevent potential safety risks and/or further damage.
- If the loss is caused by theft, notify the police.
- Notify banks and credit card companies of any missing debit or credit cards.
If anyone is injured
- Report it immediately to your Desjardins Agent.
- Obtain names and addresses of any witnesses.
- Don't make voluntary payments for anything outside of emergency first aid.
What you need to do after making a claim
- Keep accurate records of what you spend repairing things.
- Separate items that may be cleaned and/or repaired.
- Check with your claim advisor before you discard any items you plan to claim as damaged.
- Review your policy for specific coverage information.
- If applicable, check with your mortgage company about how it handles claim payments.
Common types of claims
- Water damage
- Fire and smoke
- Natural disaster
Claim tool box
Report a claim
Start the simple process of reporting your claim here.
Reporting property damage is easy and stress-free.
This is only a general description of coverages and is not a statement of contract. Details of coverage or limits vary in some provinces. All coverages are subject to the terms, provisions, exclusions and conditions in the policy itself and in any endorsements.