Vehicle damage claims
Desjardins Insurance knows that an accident is stressful on its own, filing a claim for vehicle damage shouldn’t be. If you need to report a claim, contact your Desjardins Agent who will guide you through the process.
What to expect
- We or a participating recommended repair facility will provide you with an appraisal of damage.
- Only you can authorize repairs to your vehicle.
- Payment is based on a repair estimate using prices and labour rates which are competitive in your local area.
- Not all repair facilities charge the same amount for vehicle repairs. Any additional payment will be based upon supplemental amounts agreed to by us.
- You may be responsible for any amounts not agreed to by us. This may include, but may not be limited to, storage fees and rental expenses.
- If at any time, you or your repair facility discovers additional damage, please contact your claim advisor for additional consideration.
- If your vehicle is deemed a total loss, your claim payment will be based on the current market value of a vehicle similar to yours, with applicable adjustments for your vehicle's condition.
Claim tool box
Report a claim
Start the simple process of reporting your claim here.
Reporting property damage is easy and stress-free.