Vehicle damage claims
Desjardins Insurance knows that an accident is stressful on its own, filing a claim for vehicle damage shouldn’t be. If you need to report a claim, contact your Desjardins Agent who will guide you through the process.
Before you file a claim
Before you begin, review your policy for specific coverage information. You will be asked to provide information about the damage to your car and its current location.
Keep in mind that you have the right to select the repair facility that meets your vehicle repair needs, even ones that do not have agreements with Desjardins Insurance. If you don’t select one of our network’s repair facilities, other options may be provided.
How to report an auto insurance claim
What to expect
- We or a participating recommended repair facility will provide you with an appraisal of damage.
- Only you can authorize repairs to your vehicle.
- Payment is based on a repair estimate using prices and labour rates which are competitive in your local area.
- Not all repair facilities charge the same amount for vehicle repairs. Any additional payment will be based upon supplemental amounts agreed to by us.
- You may be responsible for any amounts not agreed to by us. This may include, but may not be limited to, storage fees and rental expenses.
- If at any time, you or your repair facility discovers additional damage, please contact your claim advisor for additional consideration.
- If your vehicle is deemed a total loss, your claim payment will be based on the current market value of a vehicle similar to yours, with applicable adjustments for your vehicle's condition.
Claim tool box
Report a claim
Start the simple process of reporting your claim here.
Reporting property damage is easy and stress-free.