If there’s a small break or crack on your windshield, you don’t have to replace it. Safe repairs can be made for most small breaks or cracks, and it makes sense to do so since a new windshield may cost $300 or more.
At Desjardins Insurance, your safety and satisfaction are our first priority. We will call for windshield repairs only when we know they will be safe, and we will make every effort to ensure your satisfaction.
For more information or if you want to report a claim, contact your Desjardins Agent.
Benefits of repairing your windshield
- Repairs keep costs down since your windshield will not need to be replaced.
- By helping keep insurance costs down, you will keep your own premiums down.
- The deductible is waived for a windshield repair, so no extra cost to you.
- There may even be some direct savings available to you, depending on where you live and other conditions.
Types of damage that can be repaired
- Typically, small breaks in the non-acute area can be repaired.
- The acute area is right in front of the driver.
- Small breaks that are likely repairable are: bullseye, star, half moon and combination.
If your windshield can’t be fixed and needs to be replaced, you will need to pay the deductible if this type of damage is covered under your insurance policy.
- Chances are the repairer has mobile equipment and will come to you.
- If you take your vehicle to a facility, these repairs usually take 20 to 30 minutes and can be done while you wait.
How to file a claim? Two ways to file a claim:
Claim tool box
Report a claim
Start the simple process of reporting your claim here.
Reporting property damage is easy and stress-free.