Updated: October 1, 2020
We’re here to help your business
The COVID-19 pandemic has hit a lot of businesses. But every situation is different, so we’ve adopted special measures and a flexible approach so we can provide help based on your unique needs.
With many businesses being forced to close due to emergency measures, we understand that it’s a tough time to be a business owner. Here are some of the ways we’re helping.
Protecting property used by your employees working from home
You or your employees may be working from home to keep your business running, so we’ve enhanced coverage on our Commercial Property Insurance – Broad Form:
- We’re temporarily enhancing the extension of coverage for contents outside your place of business to now include your commercial property at your employees’ homes. This will not change the coverage amount on your policy.
- We’re also temporarily increasing the coverage amount for property in transit to $25,000. If your policy already covers you for a higher amount, that amount won’t change.
These relief measures apply automatically to policies in force before April 30, 2020. You don’t need to call us to get the coverage and we won’t send you any policy updates.
Helping you make deliveries to keep your business running
- If you run a restaurant, pharmacy, grocery, food or pet store, and for now you’re making deliveries with your commercial vehicles, we’re offering you temporary auto insurance coverage for deliveries at no extra charge.
- This coverage applies automatically to commercial vehicles already insured with us before April 2, 2020. There’s no need to call us.
- This coverage will not be added if deliveries are made via third party apps and services like UberEats, Skip the Dishes, Instacart and Amazon Flex. These services remain a prohibited use.
Because of the pandemic, I’m now offering a delivery service. Am I covered? Do I need to notify you?
If you run a restaurant, pharmacy, grocery or pet food store, and you’re now temporarily making deliveries with your commercial vehicles, we’re adding temporary coverage for deliveries at no extra charge.
- This coverage applies automatically for vehicles already insured with us before April 2, 2020. If this is your situation, there’s no need to call us.
- For other types of deliveries, please contact us.
Because of the pandemic, I’ve added more delivery vehicles. Do I need to notify you?
If you’ve hired new drivers and/or increased your mileage, it’s important to let us know. Call us and we’ll check if your coverage needs to be changed.
We’re here to support you
If your business has been hard hit by the
Some conditions, exclusions and limitations may apply. These tips are provided for information and prevention purposes only. They are general in nature, and Desjardins Insurance cannot be held liable for them. The relief measures described are temporary. The other terms and conditions relating to the coverage in force are specified in the insurance policy, which always prevails.