Your RV travel to-do list
Is the old-fashioned Canadian road trip on your summer agenda? If it's by way of RV, use this checklist to plan a smooth ride.
A blend of homeowners and auto insurance is typically used to cover the vehicle’s multiple uses. Talk to your Desjardins Agent for more information.
Flexibility is a perk of RV travel, but a rough agenda with the best places on route to eat, explore and stay will help alleviate some of the guessing.
Outfit your RV with the comforts of home. Some necessities include:
- Dishes, cookware and kitchen tools
- Non-perishable food items
- Cleaning supplies
- First-aid kit
- Tool kit
- RV toilet paper
Maintain, maintain, maintain
Regular maintenance can keep your RV operating safely and reduce the risk of a breakdown.
Before every trip
- Check tire pressure
- Check brakes
- Check battery fluid levels
- Wash and inspect the exterior
And according to the manufacturer’s suggested timeline:
- Clean air conditioner filters
- Drain air from air brake tanks
- Lube slide wipers and rails
- Change engine and generator oil
- Check air, fuel, coolant and hydraulic filters
- Have brakes adjusted
- Check window, door and roof seals