Desjardins Financial Security Investments Inc. (DFSI) complaints
DFSI has written policies and procedures to ensure that any written or verbal client complaints are dealt with promptly and fairly. This is a summary of those procedures which we provide to new clients and clients who have filed a complaint. We also make our policies available on our website at desjardinsagents.com.
Client Complaint Information Form
We provide new clients and clients who have a complaint with a separate document called the Client Complaint Information Form ("CCIF"). It provides general information about their options for making a complaint.
Submission of a complaint
Complaints should be submitted to your salesperson or to DFSI's Chief Compliance Officer.
Clients may contact DFSI at any time to provide further information or to inquire as to the status of their complaint, by contacting the individual handling the complaint or the Chief Compliance Officer:
DFSI Chief Compliance Officer
333 First Commerce Drive
For confidentiality reasons, we will only deal with the client or another individual who has the client's expressed written authorization to deal with us.
How DFSI handles complains
- Complaints are sent to DFSI's head office.
- Complaints are assigned to the Compliance Department or other qualified staff for review.
- An initial review is conducted to determine the nature of the complaint and determine if regulatory reporting is required.
- An initial response is provided to the complainant within 5 days of receiving the complaint.
- A substantive review of the complaint is conducted. The substantive review may include the following (or a combination thereof):
- A statement from the salesperson (SP);
- Interview of the SP, SP staff and other parties involved;
- Review of customer files and other relevant documentation;
- Review of SP compliance history; and
- Review of business practices at the SP's location.
- A substantive response is provided to the complainant within 90 days of receipt of the complaint. The time period for a substantive response may vary, however, depending on the complexity of the matter.
The response will summarize your complaint, our findings and will provide a reminder about your options with the Ombudsman for Banking Services and Investments.
This response may be an offer to resolve your complaint, a denial of the complaint with reasons or another appropriate response. When the complaint relates to certain serious allegations1, our initial response will include copies of this summary and the CCIF.
1 As defined in the Policies of the Mutual Fund Dealers Association of Canada of which DFSI is a Member.
Mutual Funds are not insurance products and are distributed through representatives of Desjardins Financial Security Investments Inc.
Please read the applicable Fund Facts before investing. Commissions, trailing commissions, management fees and expenses may be associated with mutual fund investments.
Mutual Funds are not guaranteed, their values change frequently and past performance may not be repeated. Mutual fund securities are not covered by the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation or by any other government deposit insurer.
Neither Desjardins Insurance nor its agents provide tax or legal advice. Please consult your tax, legal or investment advisor regarding your specific circumstances