Here you'll learn the ins and outs of auto insurance claims
Starting the claim process is only a click away
How to report an auto insurance claim
You can now use our online claim tool to:
- File a claim following a minor or major collision, hit-and-run, fire, theft, vandalism and more.
- View your coverage, get liability information and find out the deductible you will have to pay depending on the event that occurred.
- Make an appointment with one of our network’s body shops.
Simply log in to My account to file a claim online.
Don’t have an account? Signing up is quick and easy.
If you prefer to talk to someone to report your claim, our team is always here to help.
Simply call 1-855-209-9549 or contact your Desjardins Agent.
Accident outside of Canada?
If you are a Canadian policyholder who would like to file a claim from outside of Canada, please contact your Desjardins Agent or call us directly at 1-855-209-9549 for an auto claim.
Important things to remember
- Take reasonable steps to protect your vehicle from further damage.
- Make sure to tell us where your vehicle is located.
- Review your policy for specific coverage information.
- Check out our Auto Damage Service Program for more information.
If someone files a claim against you
- Contact your Desjardins Agent or claim representative; we will conduct an investigation to assess those allegations.
- Subject to the terms and conditions of your policy, we will pay those claims that you are legally liable to honour.
If anyone is injured
- If you or your passengers have applicable medical payments or personal injury coverage, injury-related bills will be paid according to the terms and conditions of your policy.
- Auto liability coverage may protect you if you damage someone else's property or cause injury to others.
Settling a claim
- We'll pay to repair, replace or furnish the agreed upon actual cash value of your property, subject to the terms and conditions of your policy.
- If applicable, check with your lienholder (if you've financed or owe money on a car) about how they handle claim payments; we may be required to protect them as well.
- Contact your Desjardins Agent or claim representative with questions.
Claim tool box
Report a claim
Start the simple process of reporting your claim here.
Reporting property damage is easy and stress-free.
Some conditions, exclusions and limitations may apply. The terms and conditions of the coverages described are set out in the insurance policy, which always prevails.