Car insurance for new teenage drivers
Looking for car insurance for teenagers? Desjardins Insurance can help.
Talk to your Desjardins Agent to add a new teenage driver to your existing policy and find out if you qualify for any auto insurance discounts in your area.
What happens when you add a new teenage driver to your policy
- Your insurance rates will typically increase when a new driver or teen driver is added to your policy.
- Talk with your teenager about safe driving, as well as how traffic violations will affect your rates.
- If you are buying a new vehicle, you may want to consider which vehicles get the lowest rates.
- Consider getting a Personal Umbrella Liability Policy. If your teenage driver accidentally injures someone or damages their property, you could be sued.
- Even though your underlying policies may provide substantial liability limits, it is not uncommon today for juries to award damages that exceed those limits. Coverage amounts are written in increments of $1 million and supplement your present policies to provide additional personal liability protection.