Better car insurance savings for post-secondary students
Desjardins Insurance offers plenty of discounts and savings to students so they can purchase affordable car insurance.1 Talk to your Desjardins Agent who can help you find all the discounts and savings you deserve.
How will being a post-secondary student affect my car insurance rates?
- You may be covered under a parent’s auto insurance policy if your primary address is your parent’s house. The specifics vary by province, so you may want to discuss them with a Desjardins Agent.
- You can take advantage of car insurance discounts for young drivers.
- Be aware that traffic violations, what vehicle you drive, where you drive and how much you drive will affect your auto insurance rates.
- If you drive your vehicle to school, your rates may change.
- If you are buying a new vehicle, you may want to check vehicle ratings and consider which vehicles offer the cheapest auto insurance rates. Don’t forget to contact your Desjardins Agent to add the new vehicle to your policy.
1 Discounts do not apply to commercial vehicles.