Your browser settings have cookies disabled. Some features of the site are not available or will not work correctly without cookies. To do so, refer to the help section of your Web browser.

StateFarm Canada is now Desjardins Insurance

State Farm® Canada is now Desjardins Insurance and your local State Farm Agent will now be known as your Desjardins Agent.

Please visit for more details.

Looking for the State Farm USA site? Visit it here:

Your province

Supporting you is our priority

We want to help you stay safe during the coronavirus pandemic. See how we can help.

Skip to content

Property insurance to protect what matters

Little girl drawing with parents who bought home property insurance from Desjardins Insurance agent.

Count on your Desjardins
Agent for customized home insurance

Get a property insurance quote

Insurance type

Find an agent


Property insurance that meets your needs

From apartments and condos to houses and mobile homes—if you need to insure it, we can help. We have coverage options for a wide variety of homes and seasonal dwellings.

Trust your Desjardins Agent to find the right property insurance for your unique needs.


Enjoy peace of mind with a comprehensive homeowners policy from Desjardins Insurance.

Learn more about homeowners insurance

Condo unit owners

Rest easy with a personalized condo unit owners policy from Desjardins Insurance.

Learn more about condo insurance

Mobile homes

Get the right protection for your home and its contents with a mobile home policy from Desjardins Insurance.

Learn more about mobile home insurance


Protect your belongings and cover your liability with a tenants policy from Desjardins Insurance.

Learn more about tenants insurance

Your Desjardins Agent works for you

Your agent takes the time to get to know you and understand your insurance needs. And you can count on your agent to help you find coverage that fits your life and all the discounts and savings you’re entitled to.

Find a Desjardins Agent near you

What is property insurance?

Property insurance (also called home insurance) protects your home and belongings in case of loss or damage. It covers unexpected events like fire, accidents, theft and vandalism.

Your insurance policy includes liability coverage to protect against costly claims and lawsuits if there’s an accident on your premises that injures someone or damages their property. It even covers you personally when you’re away from home.

Property insurance also covers additional living expenses if an accident like a fire forces you out of your home. It pays your extra costs like rent or hotel bills while the damage is being repaired.

The information provided on this page is for informational purposes only. Full details regarding coverage and exclusions can be found in the insurance policy, which always prevails. Some conditions, limitations and exclusions may apply.

1 car/1 driver
Top of page