Your browser settings have cookies disabled. Some features of the site are not available or will not work correctly without cookies. To do so, refer to the help section of your Web browser.

Your province

Skip to content

Condominium insurance coverage limits

Like all homeowners policies, condominium unit owner policies have maximum limits we will pay for loss to specified types of property (these limits can vary). It's important to understand these limits and how they apply.

For advice on what kind of insurance is best for you, your Desjardins Agent can help.

Something to keep in mind

Here is a typical list of the types of property that may have "special limits" in a condominium unit owners policy:

  • Money, bank notes, coin collections
  • Business property
  • Watercraft including trailers, accessories, motors, personal effects and equipment
  • Silverware and goldware (applies to theft or loss only)
  • Computer software
  • Furs and jewellery (applies to theft or loss only)

Limits are applied because it's the fairest to all policyholders. For example, since most people don't own an expensive collection, it would be unfair to force everyone to share in the losses of expensive collections such as coin collections or silverware.

This is only a general description of coverages and is not a statement of contract. Details of coverage or limits vary in some provinces. All coverages are subject to the terms, provisions, exclusions and conditions in the policy itself and in any endorsements.

Find an agent

Top of page