ALERT – DETECTOR INSTALLATION
Before you begin the installation:
- Make sure you have your Wi-Fi password.
- Remove your phone case.
- For best results, find a quiet place close to where you’re planning to use your detector.
- Keep in mind installation may take a few attempts.
How to synchronize your detector and your smartphone
Open the AlertTM tab in your Desjardins Insurance
- Select Add, then Install a detector.
- Follow the installation instructions to protect your home.
- For installation help, see the Set up Assistant for the Alert Program.
More tips for a successful installation
Check your Wi-Fi connection.
Your smartphone needs to be connected to your Wi-Fi network when setting up the detector.
Improve the connection between your detector and your Wi-Fi network.
Place your detector close enough to your router or install a Wi-Fi extender to amplify your signal so that it reaches your detector’s location.
Test your detector.
First, connect the detector to your Wi-Fi, then place the detector on a damp cloth and wait a few seconds. If it’s working correctly, you’ll get an alert on your phone almost immediately.
Certain conditions, exclusions and limitations may apply.
TM Alert is a trademark of Desjardins General Insurance Group Inc., used under licence.