Life insurance claims
We know the passing of a loved one is a difficult time. That’s why Desjardins Insurance is committed to making sure the life insurance claim process is easy and efficient. We’ll be with you every step of the way.
To report a life insurance claim, please contact your Desjardins Agent.
What information you should have
- Insured person's full name and nickname (if any).
- Their date of birth.
- Their province of residence.
- Their life insurance policy number (if known).
- The date and cause of death.
- The name of the person reporting the claim, and his/her relationship to the deceased.
- Your daytime and evening phone numbers.
Processing and resolving a claim
- After they’ve received the notification of death, the agent of record will contact the beneficiary of the policy.
- The necessary forms (death certificate, etc.) will be filed and the status of the claim will be provided.
- Our life claims office will resolve the claim once we receive the required forms and documents.
Contact life claims at 1-877-524-4979 — Option 2 to report a new claim or check on an existing claim.
Claim tool box
Report a claim
Start the simple process of reporting your claim here.
Reporting property damage is easy and stress-free.